ViacomCBS is directly looking for a: Media Coordinator
Why ViacomCBS? Sure, you will have challenging tasks, responsibilities and freedom for your ideas, just like in other companies – but the difference is in the details. At ViacomCBS you are not only bringing in your personal Know How, but also your individual passion. Since we all share a love for great stories, we have gathered the best storytellers and committed ourselves to bringing the best possible stories to our audience all across the world. In the pursuit of telling all the new stories as well as the loved classics, we have grown to become the largest media network in the world. Become a part of us and work for our famous brands like MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and Spike. You will have the opportunity to discover your true talent in an innovative and passionate work environment that fits your lifestyle and fandom. We require versatile talents – whether you are a newcomer or a professional – to help expand our content across all platforms from TV to Web. However your own story might turn out, we are happy if you chose to share it with us!
For the Global Media Operations team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we are looking for a Media Coordinator. Media Operations is responsible for all automated and manual ingested content, as well as sourcing and registering all commercials and all required (editorial) metadata, making it available in time for publication on the by the ATP teams desired publication date/time and platform. Media Operations is also responsible for Quality Assurance checks on all content and grading the content in the MAM Systems, and recording, ingesting live show tent pole events and making these ready for distribution and transmission as soon as possible.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ingest and register all content that cannot be ingested automatically, manually into the MAM systems.
- Perform quality checks and grade all ingested content including its metadata before it is published on linear or non-linear platforms to ensure 99.99% or above uptime.
- Source all commercials and verify the technical and editorial requirements for publication.
- Optimize balance in processing and rejecting late deliveries to provide Brands the flexibility they require whilst continue being efficient.
- Collaborate constructively with peers from Brand and other GMO teams.
- Responsible for updating team documentation and workflows.
- Provide operational support to team/department projects as required by the supervisor and/or manager.
That’s why we want you:
- MBO+ degree preferable in Media or Audio Engineering
- 1 – 2 years working experience within a Media or Broadcast environment is essential
- Experience of working with media asset management tools is desirable
- Knowledge of the processes of ingest, transcoding and delivery of media is desirable
- Effective communication skills in English and at least one other language.
- Able to take initiatives and use sound judgement
- Must be able to understand technical procedures
- Working pattern is based on 8 hour shifts. Coordinators cover weekdays 07.00 am – 23.30 pm and weekends 09.00 am – 17.30 pm. Occasional works outside these hours can be required for recording and ingesting live show tent pole event.
Does this role fit your profile and interest? Apply here. The selection process will be ongoing – meaning the job ad may be removed as soon as the interview phase is initiated.