In this position you will manage the day to day activities of the company’s channel broadcast, ensuring that all key areas are covered and that all major issues and escalations are resolved. You’ll set objectives for broadcast operations staff including daily tasks and longer-term projects. You oversee all technical developments regarding VOD, OTT, APP creation, and create a coherent and cohesive strategy to get product to consumers quickly while keeping budgetary limitations in check. You work directly with the On Air production staff, overseeing that all technical requirements are being met.
Our client is looking for a Manager Broadcast Operations & IT who can ensure that channel is continually broadcasted without issue or incidents. He/she plans and develops in conjunction with the CEO a cohesive and coherent plan for deployment of new technician.
- Following responsibilities are summed up in order of relevance:
- Manage day to day activities making sure all technical problems are resolved.
- Supervise staff, set daily, monthly and yearly objectives.
- Define proper resource and financial strategy for new technologies.
- Plan, advise and supervise all channel and product launches.
- Be available for escalations 24/7.
- Work with CEO to set technology strategy.
- Supervise, create and review annual operations budget.
- Invoice Management joint with Finance department.
- Responsible for set up of all required IT.
Level of responsibility
- You have a full budgetary control for Technical and IT Operations.
Your knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Extensive management experience in the media/entertainment industry.
- Background in the Broadcast Operations, Engineering/IT area.
- Demonstrated success in managing a culturally diverse staff of management and non-management employees and experience in conflict resolution.
- Possess a thorough understanding of a multi-network digital broadcast television facility operating in SD/HD, satellite distribution technology and knowledge in digital new media such as VOD, Mobile & IPTV distribution.
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in a Technology or Engineering discipline or commensurate experience in an executive role within a media company.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.